The oil cleansing method is a natural and effective way to care for your skin. Don't be afraid to apply oil to your face; oil alone does not cause blemishes. Blemishes are caused by a combination of factors such as dead skin cells, bacteria, and hormones. By working with your skin and using the right oils, you can maintain a healthy and balanced complexion.
Avocado oil and apricot kernel oil are perfect choices for oil cleansing, especially for dry skin. They deeply hydrate and nourish the skin, leaving it soft, supple, and moisturized. These oils are gentle on sensitive skin and effectively remove dirt, impurities, and makeup without stripping away the skin's natural oils, maintaining a healthy skin barrier.
Both avocado oil and apricot kernel oil are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, providing protection against free radicals and promoting a more youthful complexion. Their anti-inflammatory properties help soothe and calm irritated skin, reducing redness and sensitivity. Additionally, these oils have a low comedogenic rating, making them suitable for acne-prone dry skin.
Oil is actually your skin's natural lubricant, responsible for healing, protecting, and moisturizing. By dissolving the hardened impurities in your pores, oil cleansing helps restore your skin's natural function. Here's how to incorporate the oil cleansing method into your skincare routine:
1. Begin by running hot water, as hot as you find comfortable, over your hands and face. This generates steam and opens your pores. Take a hot, wet washcloth and place it over your face for about 30 seconds.
2. Remove the washcloth and pour a couple of teaspoons of your chosen oil cleanser, such as a blend of castor oil and tamanu oil, into your palm. Massage the oils into your face using circular motions for approximately 2 minutes. Allow the cleanser to remain on your skin for an additional 30 seconds.
3. While the cleanser sits on your skin, wet the washcloth again with very hot water and place it over your face for 10-20 seconds. This helps to further soften the impurities.
4. Rinse the washcloth and gently begin rubbing off the oil from your skin. Repeat this step at least 3 times, ensuring that all the oil cleanser is thoroughly removed.
5. Allow your skin to return to its natural temperature. Some individuals follow with a toner and moisturizer, but this step is optional. Adding additional products may reintroduce elements that can clog your pores. Oil cleansing can be performed as frequently as needed. Some people prefer to do it a few times a week, while others do it daily. It naturally removes makeup and mascara, making it an excellent choice for evening cleansing.
- Give your skin time to adjust to the new routine. It's normal for your skin to go through phases of overcompensation towards dryness or oiliness during the first week.
- Avoid using soap cleansers, as they can disrupt your skin's moisture balance.
- If a particular oil blend doesn't work for you, try a different one. Everyone's skin is unique, so experiment with our different oils and formulations, as well as frequencies until you find what suits you best.
- Rinse your skin thoroughly to ensure all cleansing product is removed. Some users may mistake leftover product for excessive oil production.
Embrace the all-natural benefits of the oil cleansing method and enjoy a refreshed and balanced complexion. Happy cleansing!
2 oz bottle with serum pump top.