20 Creative Ways to Reuse Empty Plastic Jars: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
20 Creative Ways to Reuse Empty Plastic Jars
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Empty plastic jars are often found in our homes, whether they once held food, cosmetics, or other products. Instead of tossing them into the recycling bin, why not give these jars a new lease on life? In this blog post, we'll explore a variety of ingenious ways to repurpose and reuse empty plastic jars. From storage solutions to DIY crafts, these ideas will inspire you to think creatively and reduce waste by transforming your empty jars into practical and beautiful items.
1. Pantry Organization: Use plastic jars to store dry goods like grains, pasta, and baking ingredients. Label them for easy identification.
2. Spice Containers: Fill small plastic jars with spices, herbs, or homemade spice blends. Arrange them neatly in your spice rack.
3. Bathroom Storage: Store cotton balls, cotton swabs, or hair accessories in small jars. They'll keep your bathroom essentials organized and easily accessible.
4. Herb or Spice Storage: Plastic jars can be ideal for storing herbs, spices, and seasonings in your kitchen. Clean and dry the jars thoroughly, then label them with the names of your favorite herbs and spices. Use them to organize your pantry and keep your ingredients fresh and easily accessible.
5. Herb Garden: Transform small plastic jars into mini planters for growing herbs. Place them on your windowsill and enjoy fresh herbs for cooking.
6. Craft Supply Containers: Use jars to store buttons, beads, sequins, or other small craft supplies. Arrange them on a shelf or in a drawer for easy access.
7. Homemade Gifts: Fill jars with homemade bath salts, sugar scrubs, or infused oils. Decorate the jar and gift them to friends and family.
8. Vase for Flowers: Remove the labels and use a clean plastic jar as a vase for fresh flowers. Get creative by decorating the jar with ribbons or paint.
9. Coin Bank: Cut a slot in the jar lid and use it as a coin bank. Watch your loose change accumulate and save up for something special.
10. Travel Snack Containers: Fill jars with snacks like nuts, dried fruits, or trail mix for on-the-go convenience.
11. Desk Organizer: Arrange pens, pencils, and other office supplies in a large plastic jar. Keep your desk clutter-free and organized.
12. Seedling Starters: Create a mini greenhouse by using plastic jars as seedling starters. The transparent jars provide an ideal environment for young plants.
13. Paint Storage: Pour small amounts of leftover paint into plastic jars for touch-ups or small projects. Label them with the paint color for easy reference.
14. Coin Sorting: Use jars of different sizes to sort and organize loose change. Label each plastic jar for different denominations.
15. Bird Feeder: Cut holes in the jar lid and fill it with birdseed. Hang the jar from a tree branch to attract and feed birds.
16. DIY Snow Globes: Create your own snow globes by filling jars with water, glitter, and small figurines. Seal the lid tightly and shake for a magical effect.
17. Terrariums: Build your own mini ecosystem by layering soil, rocks, and plants in a large plastic jar. Add moss, small figurines, or decorative elements for extra charm.
18. Kitchen Utensil Holder: Keep your cooking utensils organized by placing them in a tall jar. The transparent jar allows you to easily find the utensil you need.
19. Homemade Salad Dressings: Mix and store homemade salad dressings in small jars. They're perfect for portion control and on-the-go meals.
20. DIY Snowman: Paint empty jars white, stack them, and decorate them to resemble a snowman. Add buttons, a carrot nose, and a scarf for a delightful winter decoration.
Don't let empty plastic jars go to waste! With a little creativity and resourcefulness, you can find numerous ways to repurpose and reuse empty plastic jars. From organizing your pantry to creating DIY crafts and even making homemade ice cream, these jars can be transformed into practical and beautiful items. By giving them a new purpose, you'll not only reduce waste but also add a touch of uniqueness to your daily life.
Remember, it's important to consider the suitability and safety of each reuse idea. While plastic jars may not be suitable for certain applications like holding hot wax for candles, they can still be versatile for a wide range of other purposes.
Be mindful of the materials you use and ensure that the jars are cleaned thoroughly before repurposing them. Enjoy finding creative ways to reuse and upcycle your plastic jars while keeping safety in mind. Next time you're about to throw away an empty jar, think twice and consider the possibilities that lie within. Get creative, have fun, and let your imagination guide you in finding the perfect reuse for each jar.
Together, we can make a positive impact on the environment, one plastic jar at a time.
Want to get my Blog Posts direct to your email Inbox? At the top of this page find "I Need to Be in the Know", enter your email address and click GO! You'll be the first to know when there's a new Blog Post. Thanks!